What Do I Need to Get a Library Card?


In order to get a library card we will need to see a current picture ID with your address on it.  If your current address isn't on your ID, you will need to bring some sort of proof of address.  These could include but are not limited to a personal check, postmarked mail, a lease, etc.

  • District residents:  All residents of the CRDL, whose boundaries are the City of Mt. Pleasant, Mt. Pleasant School District, Union, Coe, Fremont, and Rolland Townships are eligible for library cards without charge.
  • Property or Business owners: Persons owning property or a business in the library district are eligible for a library card without charge.  Proof of ownership as well as identification are required.
  • Non-resident teachers (PreK-12): A separate library card may be issued to teachers upon proper proof of employment at a recognized educational facility within the library district.  Teachers may borrow up to 30 books for up to 6 weeks for use in the classroom.
  • Melcat Visiting patrons: Patrons from libraries who participate in the MelCat visiting patron program may use the MelCat Visiting Patron system to borrow items directly from CRDL.
  • Non-residents:  Non-residents may purchase cards on an annual basis, six month basis, or three month basis with the same privileges as a resident card.  The fee allows each member of a household to have a library card.  The card’s expiration date will be based on the date of payment, and the fees are determined by calculating the average annual amount a household within the library district pays in property taxes to support the library.  Currently the fees are $35 for 3 months, $70 for 6 months and $130 for a year.
  • Last Updated Jun 10, 2020
  • Views 490
  • Answered By Arielle Hemingway

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 3 0

Contact Us

Thank you for using Chippewa River District Library's information and help service!

Search our knowledge base above to find answers to frequently asked questions, or submit a new question below.